Location: Las Vegas, NV
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, review and otherwise administer federal, state and local license applications and filings.
- Prepares, edits, and reviews contracts.
- Reviews requests for contracts to determine if within company guidelines.
- Obtains, distributes and maintains files and databases for fully executed agreements.
- Correspondence with governmental agencies.
- Conduct various research projects as assigned.
- Create and assemble meeting materials.
- Perform other duties typical of a paralegal, which may include assisting attorneys with matters involving:
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Corporate governance
- Intellectual property
- Perform support services for legal department attorneys, such as meeting scheduling and phones.
- Maintain and build appropriate share point databases and sites for the department.
- May train or assist with, training individuals associated with contract administration or other duties within the legal department.
- Communicates in a professional and customer-focused manner both internal and external.
- Effectively works as part of a team to ensure that work flow and department relations are improved and/or maintained.
- Generally participate in the overall functioning of the company in working cooperatively with other staff members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Position Expectations)
Requires a minimum of four years’ experience in a law firm, Las Vegas firm, or an in house corporate legal department.
- Gaming experience is desirable.
- Prior in-house or corporate/transactional practice experience preferred.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong foundation and understanding of legal documents, contracts and relevant legal terminology.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Strong knowledge of office equipment.
- Must be computer literate. Microsoft office proficiency required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, strong time management skills