Data Analyst (Part-Time)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position entails gathering and analyzing large amounts of statistical and wagering data for the purposes of game integrity & fraud prevention in cooperation with most of the professional and collegiate sports leagues. The collected data will be used to generate reports to the leagues and if necessary any regulatory agencies. The position also entails the creation and distribution of odds on major US and international sporting events. CG Analytics creates odds for baseball, basketball (college &pro), football (college &pro), MMA, boxing, hockey, tennis, golf, soccer, and wide array of other significant sporting events.
- Data Collection: Will be responsible for obtaining accurate data to help maintain a database. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Report Writing: Help generate time-sensitive reports to major clients (league offices for NBA, NHL, college conferences) through Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Collaboration and Professional Demeanor: Work in close-quarters in the office of an executive (Chief Operations Officer of CG Analytics under CG Technology), with a small team. Given the exposure to the executive team, this person will be somewhat involved in every project, report, etc. Therefore, teamwork skills are necessary.
- Business development: By nature of working in the office of the C.O.O. of the Company, all employees will be familiarized with business development. They will not be asked to perform major tasks early on, but they may have some involvement due to the close proximity to executives of the Company. Given the exposure of working in the executive offices, the intern will interact directly with the Chiefs and Vice Presidents of the Company. This opportunity for networking will allow the intern to be considered for future jobs. Despite working around the executives, there is a fairly casual atmosphere in the office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (Position Expectations):
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Previous experience with analyzing sports data
- Knowledge of sports betting is recommended, but not necessary
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- A general interest and knowledge in sports is required
- Preferred knowledge of statistical modeling